Monday, March 31, 2008

Ouch!


The stairs have not been our friends this past week.
A few days ago, as I was stepping over the gate, and Alex who was standing at it, my back foot caught and everything crashed down. Alex ended up flat on his back, under the gate. I somehow managed not to fall on my huge belly. After a little cry and cuddle, all 3 of us are OK.
Yesterday, after we had bragged to BOTH G-ma's about Alex's downward stair abilities, there was an incident. Phil and Alex were upstairs and I was downstairs when I suddenly hear cries of "Sh*t, Sh*t, Sh*t!". I ran over to the stairs and caught Alex after a short tumble. (Good thing our stairs aren't a straight shot) One little foot placed in the wrong spot....
Aside from a small bump and bruise on the side of his face, and a really good cry, Alex is perfectly fine. After a thorough check and calming down period, Phil and I laughed so hard we nearly cried over his oh so appropriate word choice! (and yet effective, I knew exactly what was happening)
Alex still loves the stairs....it's going to take a lot more to scare Mr. Adventure!

As it turns out, we had an appt with the neurologist today, and he gave Alex a total thumbs up!

3 comments:

Miss Sub said...

ahh baby! Nice agility on both your parts! : )

Miss Sub said...

Wait, who swore? Phil or Alex?

Richard, Kirsten, Mae and Ben said...

Poor Alex and Natasha! Stairs aren't Kirsten's friend either. Luckily, Mae hasn't discovered them yet.