Friday, July 4, 2008

I love a parade


It is no secret that I love parades and fireworks. 2 years ago, (three 4th of July's) our West Coast move included a planned stop in small town America to celebrate the 4th of July. Sadly, the fireworks show was cancelled due to weather. The last 2 years, we have decided to stay in and not tamper with the Little Man's sleeping schedule. BUT, we have made it to the parade both years. This year we realized it is official, we really live here...we actually knew people in the parade. And in one instance, the paradee acknowledged us. I've always said, as soon as we make friends and I find a job I like, we move. Good thing I have no intention of getting a job!

Later in the day, Alex pumped up his pool and splashed around for awhile.

1 comment:

Richard, Kirsten, Mae and Ben said...

Sorry you missed the fireworks! Luckily, our town does them on July 3 (for your anniversary). If you didn't catch them then, you missed them all together in Raleigh/Durham because they were rained out every night after that. Bad weather all around! Try to stay cool!