Friday, May 2, 2014

International Day

For International Day, Alex studied Columbia and Zachary studied Japan. I was on double duty for cooking this year and made teriyaki chicken (Japan) and mantecada (Columbian butter corn bread). And, I was able to take a group of kindergarteners from country to country to taste all the treats and participate in the activities. Prior to country hopping, each class presented songs, skits, and information about their countries.

In France, the kids raced each other to deliver and pick up cups of water.

There were many yummy foods to try, and a few that weren't so yummy. I was very proud of Zachary, my picky eater. He was the bravest sample taster in my group! In fact, one of the boys tried to tell me that his mom would be mad if he ate anything else because he had too many sweets! I told him that his mom (who is my friend) wanted him to try everything and he could blame me.

Of course Mady got in on the action too! She balanced a basket on her head and walked across the room in Columbia.

1st graders dressed as hard working Columbians.

No comments: