Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Kindergarten Field Trip

Zachary's class had a rainy day field trip to the Oakland Zoo. A lot of the other chaperones brought umbrellas. The other boy in my group asked me where our umbrella was. "Honey, I'm from Seattle. We don't do umbrellas." The look he gave me was priceless!
The class had a chance to do some activities indoors and explore the zoo. Part of the program was Animal Close-ups. There were five animals that the instructor talked about and then let the kids pet. Zachary is using the "I don't want to touch" pose. On a cute little hedgehog.
But show him a blue tongued skink, or a king snake, and he is all about touching it.
I thought our last encounter with the lions was close, but the lions really put on a show today. They must like rainy days.
 The spider is going to eat well tonight! What a fun day with the kindergarteners.

No comments: