Saturday, February 1, 2014

Open House

At this year's open house, the kindergarten, 1st and 2nd grades sang a song together and then each class sang a song. Alex and Zachary were both excited to sing and did a great job.
After they finished singing, the were understandably parched. Then they led us to their classrooms to show us what they have been learning.
Zachary would like to grow a cat plant.
Alex had a paper on his desk, "All About Me". One of the questions was "Words I use for myself". Alex's answers were "Myself, me, self". I noticed some other papers had words like fun, smart, silly. Apparently Alex takes his work very literally!

I hadn't realized how complicated Zachary's Chinese name is.
These red chairs in the 1st grade room are a favorite of Mady's.
We briefly visited the 2nd grade classroom to see what is in store for next year. Mady was looking even further ahead and wandered into 5th grade. I think she liked it, she came out with fortune cookies!
Great job Alex and Zachary! We really enjoyed seeing all of your projects around the classroom and looking through your writing journals. You are both doing wonderful work.

No comments: