Monday, April 25, 2011

Acadamy of Science

Next of our list of adventures was the Academy of Science in Golden Gate Park. I don't have any pictures to prove the boys were there, but they were, and they all had a fun time! We arrived just in time for the penguin feeding. There is a pair sitting on eggs, so hopefully soon we'll get to see the baby penguin. Inside the rain forest, Alex spotted some little frogs and we were lucky that this butterfly decided to take a break.

As I've said before, Alex is a west coast guy. Almost immediately after entering the rain forest, he started to complain about being sweaty. I can't say I didn't agree with him! I don't think the heat and humidity was a problem for Aunt Leslie and Ryan!
The exit of the rain forest is an underwater tunnel with some of the largest fish I've ever seen. (I'd heard of them from a video game I used to play...see, video games are educational. Or something.) Alex and I leaned up against a concrete wall to cool off while we waited for the gang to catch up. Then everyone explored the many aquarium rooms and visited the touch tank. Zachary was kind of just swishing his hands in the water and I told him not to touch the water. He wisely told me that "if I don't put my hands in the water, I can't touch the sea star." True.

No comments: