Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Street Car

Gma and Grandpa were in town for about a week, and once again, I did a very poor job of photo documenting this. For the most part, they stayed home with the boys while Phil and I (or just me!) went out and about. However, we did go to the City to ride the street car. Our plan was to ride the street car up the hill, transfer and ride to Ghirardelli Square, get some chocolate/lunch and reverse course. The ride up the hill went great, but the transfer was a total fiasco. Finally we decided to ride back down to the waterfront and take the trolley to Ghirardelli. Our day passes allowed us unlimited rides on all forms of public transit, so it worked out nicely. After a lunch and chocolate treat, we hopped on board the street car and at least got our return trip as planned. Grandpa wanted to ride outside (but didn't hang off like in the movies) but the boys were a little sleepy and wanted to stay inside. I did get them to sit outside at the end of the line for a quick (and only) picture. And since I was standing in traffic to get it, I had to give up on getting everyone to look at me and smile! Gma and Grandpa did a good job of it though.

No comments: