Friday, October 15, 2010

Goblin Jamboree

Just a couple of days after melting in the heat at Ardenwood, the boys and I went to the Goblin Jamboree in the cold rain. It was at "the bu-seum we always go to". I don't know why Alex and Zachary think it is a bu-seum, I know I say museum, but once they get it in their heads, it sticks. So, anyway, they had a little train set up in the parking lot (a big favorite, of course), carnival games, a station to create a goody bag, a band, a petting zoo, and pony rides. Zachary and Alex enjoyed decorating their bags, and Alex enjoyed playing the games. Zachary kept insisting that "it's not fun" "I'm not having fun." It was sad. I asked him if he wanted to ride a pony, and his face lit up and he declared "that sounds like fun!" So we rode the ponies, of course he isn't smiling in the picture, but he did have fun.

After the ride, he had fun playing the carnival games and did a great job at scoring soccer goals and then used his soccer kicking skills on the bowling game. He also really enjoyed listening to the band and petting every animal in the petting zoo. I don't remember the band's name, but they were fun. They reminded me of those credit report commercials, is that horrible?
**Although Alex is a giraffe this year, that is not my giraffe on the train. He and Zachary are in the front of the train, in blue raincoats.

No comments: