Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve


We are still hammering out our holiday traditions, but I think we have Christmas Eve solidified. A lot of it comes from my childhood traditions, with some slight adjustments. After dinner we went for a walk to see some lights and also the view across the bay. Then home to open one present. My mom always gave us jammies to open on Christmas Eve (I think her mom did too), of course, she usually made them for us. I do not make them, but I have stuck to the jammy idea. As I was looking back at last year's pictures and comparing to this year, Alex really seems to enjoy jammies! He gets very excited and wants to put them on right away (all part of the plan). Just before bed we made sure our stockings were hung up and ready for Santa. Unlike last year, I put the presents under the tree during their afternoon nap. They were very good about not playing with the boxes. It was a good thing to have that done, as Phil and I were up quite late putting some big surprises together!

1 comment:

Miss Sub said...

I remember Mom would alternate which side the stockings went on on the fire place. And somehow I would remember where they were supposed to be. So now that I think about it, she must've done it on accident and I assumed it was a tradition.

Will the boys sleep in the same room like we did when they get a little older? They would have so much fun giggling and getting excited! Unlike when I would wake you up every hour asking if it was time yet....